It not the same as dropping a phone(you know when the screen cracks). When my screen off you see no cracks at all. But when I turn it on the light from the tablet show as if there was a crack. I was wondering if is can be fix and it it cna how much
    10-12-2014 12:57 PM
    It not the same as dropping a phone(you know when the screen cracks). When my screen off you see no cracks at all. But when I turn it on the light from the tablet show as if there was a crack. I was wondering if is can be fix and it it cna how much
    It seems like you have a broken display - I'll need to be replaced since it's not fixable. I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer or retailer for replacement (some retailers now offer in house screen repair).

Let us know how it goes.
    10-12-2014 12:59 PM
    In case you want to know, the screen comes in 4 layers. At the front is the glass. Behind that is the touchscreen that reacts when you touch it. Behind that is a transmissive LCD screen. It blocks all light going through it from the rear, except for the amount and color that should appear at any spot. Behind that is the light - a panel of LEDs, usually, with a plastic diffuser of some sort, so the pinpoints of light show as an even field. (Samsung Note devices have an additional layer to sense the pen.) It would seem that your light diffuser is cracked, showing an even field of light with a crack in it.

As srkmagnus said, though, your best bet is to have it replaced. Opening a phone yourself, if you're not experienced, can cause all sorts of additional problems. It looks easy on the Youtube videos, but that's most likely because the person doing it on the video has already replaced a lot of screens.
    10-12-2014 02:27 PM