My phone is still power up and working file.
    Battery is draining at a normal rate of use.
    However I can't seem to charge the battery at all. I've tried various method of charging, different USB cables, wall charger, via laptop etc..
    I'm tried moving the connected up and down near on the phone hoping that it's a contact issue, but still doesn't work.

there's a burnt smell around the USB connector.
    do i need to replace the connector (ie. remove and solder in a new one?)
    Is the logic board still good? --- does the 5V pin from the USB goes straight to the battery or via some other chip? if so, how do i check if that's broken or not?

thanks!
    10-12-2014 02:22 PM
    Try removing the battery and then carefully using a pin to pluck out any dust or lint packed in the USB port.
    Blow it out with compressed air or plastic safe contact cleaner.

If this doesn't work and you have tried other chargers and cables, consider getting the port replaced or using a wireless charging back.
    I use mine in the car and at home.

There is a place on Ebay that will change the port for $25 and overnight shipping.
    10-12-2014 03:19 PM
    thanks for the reply.

I noticed that the cable that i'm using is burnt as well.... i'm wondering if changing connector is sufficient.
    10-13-2014 01:31 AM
    You say you have tried different cables.
    Are they all burnt?

Get a magnifying glass and look in the port.
    Make sure none of the pins are bent and shorting together.

Having a new port installed would mean the pins are straight, it is firmly soldered to the motherboard and there is no debris inside to cause a bad connection.

Often if there is fluff and grit packed inside, the cable will never seat completely.
    10-13-2014 04:23 AM
    I'm having a Smokey smell on my charger but I can still use it aand it's on the part where you plug in the charger.
    10-29-2016 10:18 AM
    I Was in this same situation but only this time my charger melted inside my phone, I was so scared to touch it so I panicked until I fainted, I woke up I looked at the charger it was melted and I looked at the part you the charger in it was melted also I touched it and it burned me. What should I do?
    03-24-2017 08:07 PM
    I Was in this same situation but only this time my charger melted inside my phone, I was so scared to touch it so I panicked until I fainted, I woke up I looked at the charger it was melted and I looked at the part you the charger in it was melted also I touched it and it burned me. What should I do?

i am having the same thing...can someone answer our question?? and also i can't open my phone because of what happened and the battery got drained.
    04-03-2017 01:52 AM