Hi all,

First off, I'm very new to all this...I'm hoping someone can help me 'unbrick' my Nexus 7.

My Nexus 7 got stuck at the X screen the other day and won't proceed past it. The X screen is actualy some rotating colored circles...it used to be the X screen before our last update. It's been working fine for months after the last update. I believe it was left on and the battery completely drained, but I'm not really sure of the cause of the original issue. I'm making a big assumption here that the boot partition is mucked...but I really have no idea what's causing it.

I've tried the 'wipe data/factory reset' and wipe cache partition' options, but it's still stuck on the X screen. I installed the SDK and booted to the recovery mode and and can successfully find it using 'adb devices' command. I've tried to use the sideload command to re-flash the factory firmware 'KOT49H' as that was my current version. I've tried this in both a Windows 7 and Centos 6.5 environment with the same results.

I've just recently read that the sideload command is only for loading updates, not full factory images (lost the link for this)...is this true?

Unfortunately the 'fastboot devices' command will not list my device and any other fastboot commands just sit with a 'waiting for device' prompt. I see all kinds of instructions for restoring factory image but thay assume your device will boot so you can enable the debug mode. Is there any way to use the fastboot command to reflash the factory image without being able to boot the device?

I'm now stuck...can anyone give me some ideas on how to proceed...help!

Let me know if you need more information on what exactly I've tried.
    10-12-2014 04:30 PM
    Act forums wrong place, you'll get a 1000 times better help by going to Cast forums

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-12-2014 07:15 PM