Is there a simple way to instantly upload photos to my PC from my Galaxy S5?

A

AC Question

Is there a simple way to instantly upload photos to computer from your Galaxy S5?

I used to have a Droid Razr Maxx and when I plugged it in via USB, it downloaded a program to instantly sync my photos with my computer whenever I had a wifi connection.
I can't seem to find a way to do this with my Galaxy S5.
I have google + and I've tried dropbox, but they aren't working for me. I want the pictures on a folder on my hard drive where I can l do what I want with them - not have the restrictions that the online sites have.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there a simple way to instantly upload photos to computer from your Galaxy S5?

with dropbox you download the app to your computer as well. I have a folder on my desktop that's synced with my Dropbox account. whatever I drag into there loads and syncs with my dropbox app on my phone. Likewise whatever I load into my Dropbox app on my phone will sync with the folder on my computer.

It works quite well for what I need. If nothing else, go to the settings on your S5. Go to "about device" and tap on the build # listing 7 times. This will enable the developers options. Back out of the "about device" portion, and open developer options. Enable USB debugging.

Once you've done this, you can open some of the folders on your device and simply drag and drop stuff on and off your phone to the appropriate folder.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there a simple way to instantly upload photos to computer from your Galaxy S5?

Or you can sync with Google Drive on both the phone and the computer. (No need to plug the phone into the computer, just check the Sync Picassa Web albums in the Google account in your phone.)

Teri R

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

I've been using Dropbox for photo uploads for years without a problem. I've had my S5 for two months and had far too many intermittent issues. The photos upload some of the time and not others. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox, checked my settings multiple times, and I continue to have issues. I have it set to upload on both the phone and wifi, so there shouldn't be any connection issues. Any idea what might be causing this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech