Apart from lots of problems that I have since last updates of android like lag,freezing,rebboting alone and more and more now I have this new issue since today
    Battery before was draining quite fast after a couple of hours of heavy use but now is even more faster,just in 10 minutes can go from 100% to 60 % and is not charging,I have the plug connected to power and even in the screen is appearing the icon charging and says remaining time to full charge 40 minutes I do not see any change in the battery percentage,after 20 minutes still 60%,is like not charging at all or at a very much low rate
    What could be happening?The cable I use is the original
    10-12-2014 07:12 PM
    If the charger is good, then the battery is probably failing. Take a look at it....is it bulging? If so it is certainly failing and must be removed from the phone to prevent damage. But even if normal in shape, it may still be failing.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-12-2014 09:33 PM
    If the app you're rujnning is using as much current as the phone is drawing from the charger, the net charge going to the battery is zero. (To pick numbers, the app is causing the phone to draw 1,200mA from the battery and the phone is drawing 1,200mA from the charger to charge the battery. The net result is that the phone is running off the charger, and the battery is just sitting there.

To determine if it's a bad battery, turn the phone off and charge it. From 40% charge (you shouldn't regularly discharge a lithium battery more than tht) the phone should charge in a few hours.

Look in the battery stats in Settings/General. See what app, other than the screen and Google stuff, is draining most of the battery. That's what's causing it.

The phone might have to be reflashed by the carrier (or by Samsung since they're.anywhere there's a Best Buy). Sometimes the over the air updates just don't work right (because they're changing running software on the fly, which isn't such a great idea).
    10-12-2014 11:08 PM