Why isn't my wifi not working since 4.4.4 update?

A

AC Question

Wifi not working since 4.4.4 update

My Galaxy S5 no longer has wifi capability. Internet; games; email... nothing works on wifi anymore. Not at home or work or elsewhere. I've reset the phone and my home modem but that changed nothing. My 3 laptops and my tablet running 4.2.2 all still connect to the various networks and work as expected. The S5 is now virtually useless. It says it's connected; it shows bars and the up/down arrows blink, but webpages don't load; email doesn't send or recieve, etc.

Anybody else?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi not working since 4.4.4 update

If the update was over the air, your carrier has a problem - to fix your phone at their expense. They broke it, they own the problem and any expense in fixing it. (That's not just common sense, it's legally true - "you break it, you bought it" is more than an aphorism, it's the way the law sees it.) Bring the phone to your carrier's store, tell them what happened (no wifi since they sent you the update) and ask them to please fix it.

If they make noises about "your fault" or "pay", remind them that a judge will see it your way, they'll have to pay your reasonable expenses (including an attorney if you choose to hire one) and, if they don't fix it, they're in breach of contract, making the contract voidable by you at will. That means no ETF, regardless of how long you've had the contract. And they still have to fix what they broke - that's outside of any contract.

(If you downloaded an update file from the internet and flashed it yourself, you broke it, so you own the problem - which means you get to pay for having it fixed.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy