About a month ago, my friend pushed my nexus off a bench, and it cracked the screen to a point where it wouldn't work at all anymore. I decided that in order to save money, I would order a screen (from RepairUniverse) and replace it myself.

After replacing the screen, I turned on my device and found that it wouldn't load past the google screen. I tried to open the device in Recovery mode; it didn't work. I tried to use the xDA factory reset program to wipe it; still didn't work. Is there possibly something I forgot to plug in while reconstructing the nexus, or am I just doing something wrong? Note that even though the xDA program still interacted with the device, it still told me the device wasn't found (and yes, the drivers were definitely installed.)

Also note that my device is not rooted.

Thanks ahead of time!
    10-13-2014 09:53 AM
    Perhaps the screen damage was not the only damage done?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-13-2014 06:36 PM
    I am having the same problem except I didn't replace my screen. I was in the middle of reading a book on my kindle app and all of a sudden the screen went blank. Now it won't load past the Google screen unless I put it into fastboot mode (power and volume - buttons), but any option from that screen takes me directly back to the Google screen.
    10-18-2014 12:04 AM