Can anyone help me get my speakers working?

A

AC Question

Speaker not working

hi I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and the main speaker is not working having replaced a cracked LCD. I have taken the phone apart and replaced the speaker but it still does not work. My next thought is to replace the daughterboard. Is this likely to help. Any ideas on what to do next?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Speaker not working

You can keep replacing parts until it costs you more than a new phone, or you can try to find a shop that will repair a phone you've worked on (which isn't likely if it's a reputable shop, because they have to guarantee the entire phone, not just the single repair, which means totally checking the whole phone - all functions - before repairing everything you broke. That takes a lot of time, which means you pay a lot of money - which you probably won't do, so they're left with hours of time spent and a broken phone..)

Which is why I always recommend that you never repair the insides of a phone unless you've done it under supervision successfully at least a few times.

But it's too late for that now - so all I can advise is that you start learning what you could have done wrong and look for it. A wire pinched between two pieces of the frame or two other components, a broken connector, a connector not completely connected, a bad speaker, a broken earphone jack (the audio to the speaker goes through the jack), a broken wire, a bad motherboard - there are a lot of possibilities. You can either learn or just replace parts until it works (which will probably be about the same price as a new phone).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance