Based on the Fox News report today about Flashlight Apps being malware and spyware inclusive; Is the Assistive Light widget on the Galaxy safe?
    10-13-2014 02:59 PM
    Yes.
    10-13-2014 04:48 PM
    If you're running Malwarebytes and an antivirus program, you'll be told, when you try to install something, that it's not safe.

(Remember, Fox News fought all the way to the Supreme Court for the right to use "news" in an entertainment network. They don't claim to be presenting news, they legally claim that Fox News is for entertainment only. If you're getting your news from them, you might as well get it from Saturday Night Live or Comedy Central.)
    10-13-2014 06:50 PM
    In order to believe that you would have to think that Holder doesn't lie. Perhaps if you say it often enough it will come true.
    10-26-2014 02:30 PM
    I need to know if the Assistive Light widget is safe. If not how do I disable it?
    11-28-2014 07:59 AM
    I've used it. It doesn't trigger any alarms on the 5 apps I keep running to check for malware, so, although I'd never guarantee that any app is totally safe (not even Microsoft Office or Malware bytes - I didn't write them, so I can't know absolutely), Assistive Light is probably about as safe as any other app. (I use the flashlight module in Xposed now, which I also can't guarantee is totally safe, but I used AL for a while when I was testing flashlight apps. I'd probably use it, or another one like it, if my phone weren't rooted. And I think that's the widget my wife uses on her non-rooted phone.)
    11-28-2014 03:53 PM
    Can't we discuss anything without some troll expressing his political opinion about various news sources?
    03-23-2015 12:56 PM
    Can't we discuss anything without some troll expressing his political opinion about various news sources?
    This is your first post, and you seem to be attacking a senior, and very highly regarded member of the Ambassadorial team. What he doesn't know wouldn't fit on a proverbial...

He, and we all, are allowed to lament our experiences while helping others.

Welcome to Android Central.
    Javier P likes this.
    03-23-2015 02:07 PM
    The only problem with saying FoxNews isn't news about this certain situation is that they aren't the only place reporting it. BUT, that still didn't answer the questions about THIS PARTICULAR app. It only let us know you don't like Fox News. Even Snoops says some of the flash light apps spy. That's one extreme political sources agreeing with a source on the opposite end of the political spectrum.
    I THINK what the poster and those of us looking in to it want to know is; is THIS app safe from spying? And not all spyware programs catch everything. So is there an actual expert on here that actually knows the answer to this question without giving his political opinion on news sources? Which is not what was done here. We haven't gotten a straight answer from someone that actually knows. At least not that I can see anywhere. I just see a lot of opinion.
    03-30-2015 11:14 AM
    This was one question in a rapid fire, high volume, quick question and answer forum. Many other questions get overlooked.

If you want to start a debate or try to find the experts you are looking for, better to start a thread in Android Central Community - General News and Discussions, or General Help and How To, Security, Apps etc. and please be patient. All end users here.
    03-30-2015 11:34 AM
    Just because it bugged me I looked up you Fox News claim. It's totally false. There were rumors spread but no lawsuit ever happened. All you've done is continental the rumor. Way to go. Had no place here anyway.
    03-31-2015 11:22 PM
    Then he should know better shouldn't he? He just perpetuated an Internet rumor and failed to answer the question.
    03-31-2015 11:24 PM