I have a new S5. The flick up to load more emails is not working, how do I fix this?

A

AC Question

I have a new S5. The "flick up to load more emails" is not working.

how do i fix this? Also, occasionally I get blank screens (when I bring up Pinterest for example) or network error messages trying to get twitter or instagram. Is there a setting I should be fixing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have a new S5. The "flick up to load more emails" is not working.

Welcome to Android Central! Which email app are you using? Is it a flick up, or a swipe down, to refresh the email list?

In regard to the other issues--does that persist even after rebooting?

svt007

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a new Note 4. The flick up to load more emails is not working, how do I fix this?

I was user of iphone and i could always retains the 50 emails in the my phone. Now this doesn't work in note 4. Please help.

It shows flick up to show more emails. How do you do this. Also when you click on the refresh button , it shows load 13/62 emails. but nothing comes.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have a new Note 4. The flick up to load more emails is not working, how do I fix this?

The GMail app has problems (which is why it's no longer on my phone). Try Email. (If trying to download more emails brings no results, it could be because there aren't any new ones. The app isn't telling you that there are - it should say "flick to see if there are any new emails".)

Also - set your sync "time" in the email account (in the email app) to "push", not to a specific time. Unless you get hundreds of emails a day, that will save you battery. The email program won't wake up until the server tells it that there's a new email - and you'll get new emails almost as soon as they arrive.

zaina juliette

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung note also have this problem, I can not get to all my emails only a few, I am trying to check in for my flight, and cant get past 20 emails. I have to use my phone or another device, flick button IS NOT WORKING AT ALL, AND I HAVE A LOT MORE EMAILS, HUNDREDS MORE. I cant get most things to work on this device, its really useless to me and its new. Someone should tell us how to fix this instead of telling us our emails are not there when they are there.

BBrophy

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Note 4 - it doesn't load older emails in spite of "load total" being selected. It is definitely frustrating when I know these messages have not been deleted from my device or my home PC. When I really need to recall an older message, although not ideal - it does work, is to do a search for the sender or subject of the email which usually doesn't bring back the required results until I click on "search all folders on device" that appears at the bottom of the initial search. This typically will bring back the email I am looking for - a bit of a pain to have to retrieve messages this way, but it is better than any other option I have come across so far. They really need to fix this because it is a big problem. Hope this helps you until they fix this email issue.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're looking for older emails, there's a setting in the email app for how long to keep emails. In most email apps, the default is 2 weeks. Older emails are dropped. So if you want to see older ones, set the time to the longest time or, if you have it, Forever.

As for new ones, if you're running any other device with an email program, and it's set to POP3, and you deleted an email there, it's deleted from the email server. If you're using more than one device to look at your emails (like a desktop or laptop), all of them should have their email programs set to IMAP. Deleting an email from a POP3 program deletes it from the server, and you won't see it on any other device.

@Atou, as I said, flicking up should say "see if there are any new emails, it's there whether there are any new ones or not. Flicking doesn't guarantee that you'll see new ones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks