How can I stop Google Drive from uploading as it is in an endless loop?

A

AC Question

Upload to Google Drive in Endless Loop - Cannot clear Notifications

Hi Friends,

I have an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy 4 mini) connected to my Google Drive account from which I upload pictures taken on my phone to Google Drive so I can use them elsewhere.

Several days ago, I did a data-dump in which I uploaded 120 image files. The files successfully transferred to Google Drive into the correct folder. However, my Notifications panel for my phone indicates that I am still trying to upload 120 images.

I cannot upload additional images that I took - they are still stuck in the queue.

I went to my device's Apps > settings > Accounts page and removed my google account, and then added it again. This should have disconnected the sync process.

However, the Notifications page still says that it is trying to upload 120 files (I have the upload set only to be performed on a wifi connection, and I am currently on our wifi.) I seem to be stuck in an endless loop.

What can I do to kill the process?

Regards.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Upload to Google Drive in Endless Loop - Cannot clear Notifications

Welcome to Android Central!

First, go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and uncheck Google+ Uploads, then check it again.

If that doesn't help, then go to your App Manager, select Google+, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again.

If that doesn't help, then try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

nospam4us

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Upload to Google Drive in Endless Loop - Cannot clear Notifications

Thank you very much. I didn't find it in quite the way you described, but force-stopping Google+ and clearing the cache data was the trick. I appreciate the time you took to reply.

cryptique

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I just had to do the same thing with my Galaxy S5, and this solution helped me figure it out.

For me, it wasn't the Google+ app that I had to clear cache / clear data / force stop, but the Drive app. After I did that, the upload went away.

Thanks!

Gina Zuccaro

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have an s5 and it's doing the same thing. I've tried doing everything on this list and it still won't stop. I've cleared the cached data, on both google+ and drive, and force stopped both apps, disconnected from sync entirely, and every time I do it simply restarts itself. I'm going nuts. How do I stop this? I need my drive account.

May 26, 2017
Visit site
The only solution that worked for me...

• Download and install AppMgr III https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd&token=IXq6UE_3
• This will allow you access to "Goggle Drive" >app info
• Force stop, >clear data, >clear cache
• If you have Goggle+ installed, repeat for "Goggle+" >app info
• Go to settings, >account, >goggle, >select your account, >disable Drive, >Goggle+, and re-enable the sync.
• Restart Goggle Drive.

You should be fine.

rexzei

Nov 3, 2018
Visit site
Solution
Just go to the app info of the app (Apps>Google Drive) then delete all the used storage on the device (Click on Storage>Clear Storage). Since your files haven't been uploaded they are stil on your device and they are located in the files of Drive. Clearing cache won't solve this *Clear Storage* is the right way. This method will only delete the files that you where trying to upload.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34