I had Madden Mobile 15 installed on this phone and was trying to remove the account. I am giving the phone to a friend and he wants to start a brand new Madden account.

I removed the SD card, wiped the cache, did a factory reset. All the apps, text messages, email, etc. are gone. All looked good.

So, I went to the Google Play Store, downloaded Madden Mobile, installed it and the old account came up. Not sure how this is possible.

I created a new Google Playstore account, did not have the account linked to anything (ie, Facebook or email). Also, the SD card was never put back into the phone.

Yet, somehow, Madden Mobile 15 keeps pulling up the prior account/user that was on the phone. I can not get rid of it!

Everything was wiped clean, I used a new Google Play account to download the app, even did it under a different IP address. Also, I reflashed the factory ROM (samsung epic 4g touch Sprint). Still pulls up the old account.

Any ideas?
    10-13-2014 05:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! In Settings>Backup & Reset, did you uncheck Automatically Restore? If not, then after a factory reset, if you log in with the same Google account again, many of your prior settings may be restored, which might include the account info for that game.

After you reset, which Google account are you logging in with in the Setup Wizard? I'm not talking about your Google Play Store account--I mean the main Google account that you enter when first starting up the phone from a fresh factory reset. You should consider using your friend's Google account, rather than your own.
    10-13-2014 05:47 PM