Hi,
    I am trying to connect my external hard drive to my S5 via an OTG cable (i think thats what its called) my S5 says a usb storage device is connected, but then says "blank usb storage" and I cant do anything? even though there is heaps of movies etc on there when I plus it back into my laptop. Have I missed a setting or something?

Thanks any help will be appreciated! I am kinda going outta my mind trying to figure this out!
    10-14-2014 03:45 AM
    Hi,
    I am trying to connect my external hard drive to my S5 via an OTG cable (i think thats what its called) my S5 says a usb storage device is connected, but then says "blank usb storage" and I cant do anything? even though there is heaps of movies etc on there when I plus it back into my laptop. Have I missed a setting or something?

Thanks any help will be appreciated! I am kinda going outta my mind trying to figure this out!
    Check the Play Store for OTG apps and see if those work. I know that not all devices support this feature, and an app could enable it for you if it's not a standard feature.
    10-22-2014 10:08 AM
    If the external drive is formatted as NTFS, the phone might not be able to read it. Android phones read FAT32 and exFAT volumes. You could try Ntfs Mounter (root) or Paragon exFAT, NTFS & HFS+ (root) but, as noted, to read an NTFS volume on an Android device, the device has to be rooted.
    10-22-2014 04:25 PM