'unfortunately, exchange services has stopped' I suspect it has something to do with my emails. Has anyone else had this problem before? Is there anyone who can tell me what to do to stop this message interfering with what I am doing? Thanks in advance
    10-14-2014 05:28 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Oftentimes, an app or service will successfully restart on its own after force stopping. If you continue to receive emails, then it's still working. If not, try rebooting the phone. I wouldn't worry about occasional messages like this--only if it's happening multiple times a day.
    10-15-2014 01:25 AM
    See thread on this topic started two years ago. I have been getting the same error message for nearly four hours now, and although I am sporadically receiving email from my various accounts (including Outlook, which I suspect is the problem), I am not able to send email from either Outlook account, nor are my unsent messages saved. I don't want to "clear all data," as recommended in the other string because--well--I don't want to clear all data. Keeping data is why I have a smart phone!
    10-29-2014 02:00 PM
    As I understand it, data can become corrupted which can then cause problems. Clearing the data in that case would be a good thing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-29-2014 02:07 PM
    This began happening to me when I upgraded to Kit Kat. Now that I've installed Lollipop it's gotten worse. Clearing cache, Clearing data and deleting and re-creating the account have not resolved the problem. I'm running a Nexus 5 and syncing with Exchange 2003. Has anyone seen a thread where someone actually acknowledges that this is a known problem?
    11-26-2014 02:08 PM
    My wife had this problem for the last few days on her Droid Maxx cell phone and her Verizon tablet. I went in uninstalled both her Hotmail account and her Verizon account. In doing so I found that her Verizon mail box was full and not receiving any messages. Once I empty all the stored emails into the trash and then emptied the trash to totally get rid of those emails, I reinstalled the two email programs. They booted up fine and started downloading the old folders and emails from the Hotmail server, and then she start receiving new emails into the Verizon account. I am not sure which action did the trick, but she would not have been able to receive emails in either case if I had not emptied her box at Verizon. Hope that helps.
    01-11-2015 06:57 PM
    'unfortunately, exchange services has stopped' I suspect it has something to do with my emails. Has anyone else had this problem before? Is there anyone who can tell me what to do to stop this message interfering with what I am doing? Thanks in advance
    03-16-2016 10:14 PM
    03-16-2016 10:36 PM