How is it possible to share images as a Facebook page?

Jonas Nilsson

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I am an administrator for a Facebook page. I would like to be able to share for example images from a gallery app on that Facebook page rather than on my personal profile.

I have tried doing this on my old HTC Desire S (Android 2.3.5.) and my Google Nexus 7 (Android 4.4.4.) with different gallery apps but with the same result. There is no possibility to choose which account or page to use.

On both devices though I can choose where to share web pages from within the browsers with no problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you log out of your personal Facebook account on the app, then log in as the administrator of that Facebook page? Is your administrator account separate from your personal account? If you're logged into the Facebook app as the administrator, then I think any images you share to Facebook from the Gallery app will share to that Facebook page.

Jonas Nilsson

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your answer. I could logout and login with another account, but I was looking for an, in my opinion, more consistent way of sharing.

My personal Facebook account has administrator privileges for the Facebook page. I thought I would be able to choose to share an image as the Facebook page in the same way that I in a browser can choose to share a web page as the Facebook page.

Is there an explainable reason for the difference between sharing images and web pages?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A web page is text with a link to the page, an image is text with a link to the image file and an image file. What difference that makes for Facebook, I couldn't say.