I have over 2000 people in my contact list and keep it in Outlook and in phone. So far, wherever I entered new contact, it got transmitted to the other device. Recently, this stopped. I wonder wheter there is a limitation of number of contacts? Or my phone is too old, over 2 years
    10-14-2014 06:37 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How are you syncing contacts from Outlook to the phone? This isn't always reliable, depending on your sync method. Are you typically entering contacts into your desktop Outlook, then expecting them to be synced to your phone?

Unless the phone is saving contacts to the SIM card (which typically has a limit of around 500 contacts), there shouldn't be a contact limit. My wife syncs contacts from her Google account and LinkedIn, and has over 6000 contacts. Considering that contact sync is much smoother between Android and Google Contacts, have you considered importing your contacts from Outlook into your Google account? It's also safer, because if your phone or computer (the one with Outlook) fail, then your contacts may be lost, whereas if they're synced to Google, they'll be intact in the cloud, and easily synced to any new device.
    10-15-2014 01:15 AM
    I just got the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Having major issues syncing my Google Drive Contact folder with the phone as it is not allowing me to list all my contacts which is 1,038. Was on phone with Samsung for over 3 hours and they stated had to do it one by one and that didn't work.

Then I read this posting and trying to find out how the contacts are set up so that I can load all the contacts and if I do add another one, sync with the Google Drive.

Can anyone help?
    09-13-2015 01:50 AM
    I sync over 3500 contacts to gmail account not Drive or Dropbox. no problem at all, but after 6.0 updated , my calendar would not sync BD on new contact and that is the only issue. every time I change phone all I have to do is activate my gmail account, all my contacts import to my new phone
    09-25-2016 12:16 PM
    My opinion - and should be easy to find answers from Google but is isnt - is that higher the number of contacts higher the RAM memory required. It is not really an easy math once database size depends not only of the number of contacts but the quantity of information inside those contacts.
    In my case, I have allways Sync activated in my phone and all contacts are recorded in my gmail account. I use 4 email accounts. Somes are Gmail other Exchange and most of my contacts have Picture, Addresses, several numbers, emails, etc and by number of contacts exceeds now the 9000 entries.
    So this what I detected. 2GB phones loose contacts after the 2000~3000 barrier, 3GB phones after the 6000~8000 contacts will also loose numbers. Now I use 4GB android phone but already looking for 6Gb Phone.
    And even with a clean new phone with a few programs with this number of contacts this happens.
    10-04-2016 02:21 AM