I have two identical phones (Xtreamer Q). One of them id reporting 13.14 Gb internal storage, but the second - 0.98Gb internal storage and 12.35Gb phone storage. When I try to install any application on the second phone it says "Not enough memory", but I can't find how to connect together the two memory types. What may be the problem - is it software or hardware bug? May be I have to change something in the preferences - but what?
    P.S. I have screenshots of both phones with the storage report, but I can't attach the screenshots).
    Thank you for help.
    10-14-2014 07:03 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The second phone sounds like its memory has been partitioned into an app storage partition and a separate "internal SD" partition, which is a somewhat older way Android devices were set up. The advantage of this setup was that you could mount the phone to your computer as an external hard drive, where the internal SD became the drive, but the app storage partition was hidden. The disadvantage was that the app storage partition was usually fairly small, limiting how many apps you could install.

The first phone sounds like it has unified storage, which greatly increases your ability to install apps, but takes away the ability to mount the phone as an external hard drive. Instead, you have to connect via USB using MTP protocol, which only shows certain folders on the computer. I have no idea why identical phones would have different partitioning. Perhaps they were assembled at different times, and some time in between, the manufacturer shifted from partitioned storage to unified storage.

See more info and tips here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html
    10-15-2014 01:06 AM