Hey, I have problems with Battery Life on my Galaxy Tab S that I got last month and I hope that you can help me to solve these problems, they said that the tablet can last a day with a full charge, but mine doesn't, I can consider that I'm a gamer,And when I got the tablet, I was very excited,unfortunately, the tablets battery life REALLY SUCKS! I tried everything including turning on power saving mode, Restrict performance, Restrict background data, turning the brightness to about 20%, auto sync off, All of those things turned off should give me longer battery life but no, now all I can do on my tablet is watching videos/YouTube and edit documents, and sometimes, when the tablet is charging until 85% when I unplugged the charger it went straight to 100%,weird right? I hope that you can help me with this SERIOUS PROBLEM, I was thinking of buying the ipad mini with retina display because my aunts ipad mini's battery life can last a full day with hardcore gaming such as INFINITY BLADE 3 that game takes a lot of space, about 2.8 GB And the graphics are SPECTACULAR. PLS HELP ME!!!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-14-2014 10:16 AM
    Hi Lightning,

Well, 'hardcore' gaming on a 10.3 inch screen will definitely drain your battery, especially one with so many pixels in it. Not trying to excuse it, just stating a fact; iPads' screens are smaller and less pixel-dense than these tablets.

With that out of the way, what screen-on time are you getting? I'm getting anywhere between 6 to 8 hours off of mine, but I'm a very light gamer and heavy video streamer. I did run into issues with Nova Launcher (when I had it installed, the tablet wouldn't even last 4 hours of SoT and would have terrible idle life).

The strange bug when the battery jumps from 85 to a 100, though, can be a sign of a defective battery though. Can you charge it to 100, let it run down to 0 (turn itself off), then charge to 100 again and see if it helps? If after this you still see the weird jump bug, I'd better take this in for a Warranty exchange.
    Rukbat likes this.
    10-14-2014 12:06 PM