Why isn't my Huawei Ascend P6 not registering a sim card?

A

AC Question

Huawei Ascend P6 not registering sim

Hi,

I have accidently spilled water on my P6. Then I have tried to dry it using some rice and surprisingly it works. It booted and everything seems fine except one thing.

It appears as if there is no sim card. It says no service and there is no cell signal. It doesn't do anything not even any prompt when I remove the sim and reinsert it again.

Do anybody think of anything which would cause such a behavior?

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Huawei Ascend P6 not registering sim

I have accidently spilled water on my P6. Then I have tried to dry it using some rice
Sorry, but your phone is probably shot. Read Wet Phone

and surprisingly it works. It booted and everything seems fine
For now. It'll probably keep getting worse, until the only thing left working is the frame all the parts are in.

except one thing.

It appears as if there is no sim card. It says no service and there is no cell signal. It doesn't do anything not even any prompt when I remove the sim and reinsert it again.

Do anybody think of anything which would cause such a behavior?
The SIM socket, or some trace on the motherboard related to the SIM socket is shot, or there's a short on the motherboard associated with the SIM. The phone needs a new motherboard, at the very least. Then, when the screen starts going funny it'll need a new screen. Etc., etc. It doesn't pay to repair a wet phone that wasn't dried properly and immediately (that means not 5 seconds later, but in the water, out of the water, into alcohol, about as fast as you can read that. It takes experience to recover a phone that's been wet with anything but pure H[SUB]2[/SUB]O for more than a second or two - the impurities in the water start acting that fast. (Not that I haven't fixed phones that were dropped in unflushed toilets [using industrial strength, elbow-length runner gloves], but I've been doing this for decades.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo