Best Chromecast app for casting phone media

Grovzy1080

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Im looking for a Chromecast app for casting pictures, music, videos, ect I have stored on my phone. Im using Avia, however im not pleased at all. My biggest conplaint is just how unorganized it is. All my music and photos are put together is specific folders. Id like to see that show through the app. I will be the proud new owner of a Note 4 in a day or two and any help would be great.

Thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the Note 4 is on the list yet (https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6059461?hl=en), but the Note 3 is, so Chromecast should be the perfect app for you. Pull the menu (upper left - 3 bars, the menu key won't do it - they call it the "navigation drawer"), press Connect (my TV is off at the moment, so I can't give you the exact wording - Cast Screen, maybe? It's about the 3rd item), then press the Cast Screen button (you'll see that page on the site in the link above) and you'll be mirroring the phone to the TV (audio too).

Then use whatever app you'd use on the phone. (Portrait mode looks a bit funny - the phone is the center 4rd of the screen, surrounded by black bars 1/3 of the screen wide each, on the sides. But landscape mode fills the screen.)

I was going to buy a Miracast box of some sort until I saw that page. $35 and I get the same use. It's actually better than using "Chromecast" apps - there are few of them, and if you've tried to get a Youtube video playing on the TV, you probably had to play around a bit to get it to work. Mirror the screen and it works the same as any other app. (Even old Gingerbread-era apps mirror perfectly. And you can see the little pen cursor on the TV.)

Grovzy1080

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately Sprint screwed me on my Note 4 today. But I will definitely be lookin into your suggestions. With all these new releases and Lollipop around the corner im sure things are gonna change a little bit anyway. Thanks for the help!

Posted via the Android Central App