Keep getting hangouts requires an update to google play services and i click update to google services but then i get
    "update for google play services could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-7AEC-7]"

i already tried clearing cache in google play service as well as removing google account and adding it again. I would really appreciate any help !!!!
    10-16-2014 12:21 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have?

Try going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Download Manager, and Clearing Cache/Data there. Then see if Google Play Services will auto-update. I always find that I can't manually update Google Play Services--it does so on its own, and I may have to wait a few minutes before it gets done.
    10-16-2014 12:37 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have?

Try going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Download Manager, and Clearing Cache/Data there. Then see if Google Play Services will auto-update. I always find that I can't manually update Google Play Services--it does so on its own, and I may have to wait a few minutes before it gets done.
    I have a note 2 and I tried what you told me but still no go...
    10-16-2014 01:06 AM
    Ok, try wiping the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note II | T-Mobile Support
    10-16-2014 01:25 AM
    Ok, try wiping the cache partition...
    unfortunately its a no go as well
    10-16-2014 01:49 AM
    Did you fix it? I've wiped everything (from my s3) - factory reset, new rom, wiped all partitions, cleared data from play store, services, framework and I still get the error message.

If only the message was meaningful in some way, rather than a cryptic string, so that we might be able to do something about it...
    10-17-2014 01:18 PM
    Anyone has a solution??
    I got the same error on 2 different devices: 1. original galaxy s5 and the other some kind of a chinese copy of tablet and I can't update any app....

tried the same as the above with no results
    10-18-2014 08:32 AM
    For what it's worth, i reflashed the rom/gapps a few more times and it seems to have fixed it.
    10-18-2014 04:47 PM
    Ive had the same problem for over a month now has anyone got to the bottom of this?
    10-19-2014 11:01 AM
    Ive had the same problem for over a month now has anyone got to the bottom of this?
    I also have the same prob on my sony xperia
    10-19-2014 12:47 PM
    I also have the same prob on my sony xperia
    And I am using bluestacks not even a single app is getting download
    11-25-2014 07:51 AM
    I use blues stacks and kept getting the exact same error. I typed in my password on app sync once more and it now works fine.
    11-25-2014 03:32 PM
    For what it's worth, i reflashed the rom/gapps a few more times and it seems to have fixed it.
    How do you do that though? First my google play store wouldnt even load and then when it did I coudnt download or update anything! Please help.
    Florian Turc likes this.
    12-05-2014 05:51 PM
    Keep getting hangouts requires an update to google play services and i click update to google services but then i get
    "update for google play services could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-7AEC-7]"

i already tried clearing cache in google play service as well as removing google account and adding it again. I would really appreciate any help !!!!
    06-23-2015 08:52 PM
    Here's how I solved the problem - I was using Google's two-step verification. When I was setting up the device, I forgot to check the 'Don't require codes in the future.' and that caused havoc in Google Play.

I ultimately reset the device and went through set-up this time clicking the checkbox and all is well now.

Please reply with your findings so we can help everyone out!

YMMV - Good Luck!
    06-26-2015 01:04 PM
    it works! thx dude!
    DataJog likes this.
    07-08-2015 07:14 AM

07-21-2015 12:40 PM
    hi please am having the same problem and will need your help to solve it please
    09-14-2015 10:12 AM
    After master reset make it. Again same problem tell us me
    12-09-2015 07:44 AM
    Try the following :
    settings > apps >All > click on the three vertical dots on the top right hand corner > on the drop down menu select "Reset app preferences" > reboot or restart device immediately before using any other apps ! VOILA ! All izz Well now ! Then thank me !
    12-13-2015 03:55 PM

03-25-2016 04:54 PM