I found an article explaining how to find the document that is supposed to have the info, but the folders the writer was talking about are nonexistent on my phone. Is there another way to find the WiFi key?
    10-16-2014 10:46 AM
    Welcome.
    May I ask why you need it?

Mav.
    10-16-2014 10:53 AM
    -Mav, I don't see why I need it is important, but whatever. I need it because it's my brothers' router and they switched the key a long time ago, but can't remember it. I am currently using my phone on their router but my laptop is connected to a slower wireless modem from Comcast and I need to switch it my bros' router.
    10-16-2014 11:03 AM
    There are apps that will do it for you. (I don't know if the phone has to be rooted for them to work - it probably does, since the document they look in are probably owned by root - which is why you don't see the folder the article talks about.)

(I assume your brother either isn't available (we're a military town here, so "unavailability" is a regularly-occurring thing) or he doesn't remember the password either. [When you change a router's password, you should write it on a little piece of paper and tape it to the bottom of the router. Anyone who can see the paper can also reset the router to the factory password, so it's not a security issue. Same thing if you change the router's default address.])
    10-16-2014 11:10 AM
    The device has to be rooted for the apps to work, but the article explains how for NON-rooted devices. I'd link the article but I have to have like ten posts. My brothers just simply can't remember what they changed it to. And knowing them, they didn't write it down.
    10-16-2014 11:22 AM