Dear friends,
    In my country snatching cell phones is the easiest way to earn money unfortunately. Why our government is not doing anything against this or what they are doing is another question. Right now my problem is securing the date on my Galaxy SIII, recently my Xperia S was snatched and i do not know if the snatcher would format the phone or would crack the lock pattren and misuse the date including my messages and photos.
    Since 3G is not covering all the city so using apps to delete all data online is not an option.
    In this situation kindly advice me some security measures.
    Thanks
    10-16-2014 01:11 PM
    Welcome to AC, ali.☺

Why your government is not doing anything about this may be another question, as you put it, but it's one they bloody well ought to answer, or make way for people who will do the job properly.

(I beg your pardon, but such dereliction of duty by those who presume to govern us makes me angry.)

Alas I know of no way of rendering a phone secure, because the thief can simply Factory Reset. In your circumstances I would use a phone case, to which a strong cord or chain was attached, and secure the other end to a belt, perhaps.

This may be of interest:
    http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...elp-of-google/

Posted via Android Central App
    10-16-2014 02:07 PM