This is a multiple part question:

I recently bought a phone from everbuying that can't connect to wifi nor is there a setting to do so. Is there something I have to configure for it to do that?

The phone at this time is using my data plan but the browser is reminiscent of my non smartphone I had a few years back. This is a touchscreen but that is the type of browser the phone came with. Is it possible to update it?

There is no information telling me what kind of android this is so is it possible to install the android os? (I may have to do all updates via pc at this time as I can't seem to access google play)
    10-17-2014 12:21 PM
    This is a multiple part question:

I recently bought a phone from everbuying that can't connect to wifi nor is there a setting to do so. Is there something I have to configure for it to do that?
    Check the specs - it may not have wifi.

The phone at this time is using my data plan but the browser is reminiscent of my non smartphone I had a few years back. This is a touchscreen but that is the type of browser the phone came with. Is it possible to update it?
    Use the browser you have to download something else. Chrome and Firefox should work on it.

There is no information telling me what kind of android this is so is it possible to install the android os? (I may have to do all updates via pc at this time as I can't seem to access google play)
    The manufacturer has to supply the update file (it has to be modified to work on that specific hardware). The chance that you'll ever see an update for that phone isn't as great as the chance that I'll live to see the 22nd century (and I'm 72).

Buying most Chinese phones has one advantage - price - and many disadvantages - like compatibility, updates, information about the phone, the ability to use the Play Store and many more. Go to amazon.com in your browser, search for dolphin browser. When you try to download it, you'll be givin a way to download the Amazon Appstore app. Do it and use that to download your other apps. (It's as safe as the Play Store and has about the same apps.)
    Gilda Pittmon likes this.
    10-17-2014 05:14 PM
    I appreciate your help. It looks like I can't even download the dolphin browser because amazon.com doesn't even fully work. Very annoyed right now. Can't download Firefox either.

So here is another question: I don't know much about rooting but will rooting the phone help in any way?
    10-17-2014 11:56 PM