Can I make a very simple private application with images + hyperlinks for free?

Mueslis

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I have the following problem. There is an app that I need badly for work. Unfortunately it just exists for iOS. I have an iPad so I bought it and use it. But, I am now working in an environment where I cant have my Ipad always around me (too big). So, as I still have a Symbian phone, I want to buy a new one and I want it to be an Android.

So the app I want Is noothing complex. In it you have an image and on the image you can click on the names and then you get the next image, where there are more names. That's exactly what I want and I have done that already making folders (because the app works only online but I dont have internet everywhere). It would be much better if I create an offline app without folders so I can click and get to the pictures more easily. So the names would be interconnected.

So I you ask you, is this possible? Its very simple in my thoughts. I don't want to spend more money so the creation had to be free. And I have 0 programming knowledge, but I am good with computers. What app creation software would you recommend? Also the app would have to be 100% private, because I bought it for iOS, but making it public for android would be illegal. If I cant make it...damn I would have to get an iPhone

Thank you guys, appreciate it!

Cheers

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You need the Android SDK | Android Developers (totally free) and about 2-5 years of learning, depending on how fast you learn. Programming isn't something you pick up in a month (regardless of the "learn programming in 21 days" books - they teach you the basics of a language, but they don't teach you anything about programming). People graduating with 4 year CS degrees can write some apps - usually databases - for a common environment, like a PC or Mac. When it comes to Android? I've been programming (and some pretty complex stuff, too) for 40 years, and I haven't even started to look into the Android environment seriously. So - after 40 years of experience, I still couldn't write the app you want. And you want to do it before Android version 25 is out?

Plenty of people use "app making apps" to make apps - but those are the ones you try once, then uninstall, because the idea is great, but the app makes a good vacuum cleaner. To write code, you first have to learn programming itself (in English), then you have to learn at least one programming language (Java, in the case of Android [not to be confused with Javascript, which is like comparing Gorilla glass and a gorilla]), then you have to learn how the device works (Android phones don't work the same way PCs do - as Multitasking the Android Way written by an Android software engineer explains).

Then you're ready to compile one of the sample programs in the SDK.