My phone was stuck on the white HTC home screen, so i rebooted my phone to recovery/factory reset. My phone is now stuck on the green circle with arrow. It stays on the screen for a couple of minutes and then shuts down, goest back to the HTC screen and second later back to the green circle w/ blue arrow. I'm not tech savy and have tried for the past 2 hours to fix my phone and nothing is working. Can anyone please help me?
    10-17-2014 09:13 PM
    Welcome to AC. ☺

Please forgive me if I seem to doubt that you followed the correct procedure, but did you do everything as described here?
    http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-on...to/332027.html

Have you tried removing the battery for a couple of minutes, and replacing?
    Also, does the performance of the phone of late suggest to you that the battery may be failing? Have you tried the reset with the charger connected? If the battery is failing, that may help.

Posted via Android Central App
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-17-2014 09:31 PM
    Thank you so much for responding back.

I have followed those steps and I've even bought a new battery. when I've gone to the screens with the 3 androids on the bottom I've tried the following: factory restet/recovery. My charger is not connected to my phone while trying factory reset. When I click on recovery/factory restet it take me to the green circle w/ arrow pointing down. It stays on that screen for a few minutes and then it goes back to the white HTC home screen and seconds later it goes back to the green circle. The only way I can turn the phone off is by taking the battery out and when I place the batter back in, it goes back to the green circle and repeats all over again.
    10-18-2014 12:17 AM
    Two thoughts occur to me. First, do you have an SD card in the phone? If so, it may be causing problems, so consider removing it.
    Second, does it seem to you that it could be a problem with the power button? Perhaps the internal switch on which the power button presses has become stuck On?

10-18-2014 05:48 AM
    Yes, my SD card was still in the phone. I will take the out and try it again. Power button seems to be working fine.

Thank you for taking the time out to try and help me. I really appreciate it.
    belodion likes this.
    10-18-2014 03:54 PM
    Get back to us if there are still problems. I'm not sure I'd have much more to offer myself in the way of suggestions but others far more knowledgeable than me would do no doubt.

10-18-2014 06:54 PM