I bought a doogee d310 couple of weeks ago, and it has a feature that you don't have to press the button to turn on the screen, instead you just tap the screen and it turns on. but the problem is, when you put it in your pocket it starts the turn on the screen by itself and opening apps etc. I already contacted the manufacture but they didn't respond. Is there any thing I could do to remove this feature ? because there is no way to disable it. It's running android 4.4.2
    10-18-2014 04:40 AM
    Welcome to AC.☺

Other users of phones with this feature experience the same trouble. I think there's nothing else for it but to use a case, and/or to carry the phone in a pocket where it is least likely to be activated in that way. The double-tap-to-wake of my G3 is impressively sensitive, but it lives in a case in a breast pocket and is never unintentionally activated in that way.

Posted via Android Central App
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-18-2014 07:34 AM
    Typically a phone should face in (screen to your body) to protect the screen, but with touch-to-power-on phones, it works better facing out - but anything pressing against it will crack the screen. As belodion said, a case or breast or shirt pocket may solve the problem. A folder-type case definitely will, but whether you want to go to that extreme is up to you.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-18-2014 09:01 AM
    Due to the size of my M8, I typically carry it in a breast pocket as well, if I am wearing such a shirt. I have never had an unintentional waking when placing my phone there.
    belodion likes this.
    10-18-2014 09:21 AM