Why won't my current location won't update correctly?

mln700

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
My current location won't update correctly. Please help!

I have an HTC one M7 and last night I noticed that my phone time and weather was off and checked to see what was happening. It turned out that my current location was being set to Aalborg, Denmark instead of Texas. This also happens when I open google maps to see my location. The odd thing is that it only happens when I'm connected to my WiFi at the house. When I'm at school using the campus WiFi or if I'm using mobile data the "current location" updates correctly.

I thought this meant the problem was with my ISP but the other devices and phones (iPhones) in my family's house all update correctly. I've been searching forums and tried the following suggestions other people have had success with:

1. switching the phone off with "fast boot" unchecked and powering on
2. submitting a WiFi AP with my router's MAC address to Skyhook and updated my physical location
3. uninstalling a RAM booster app (clean master) that I installed over a month ago.
4. starting the phone up in safemode and wiped out the Cache partition.

Nothing I've tried so far has worked and the last thing I want to do is a factory reset. I've read in a few places that this is an HTC problem with the older models and no matter what is done from the user end it will ultimately have to be fixed by HTC. Has anyone else found this to be the case? Please help!

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: My current location won't update correctly. Please help!

Are you using a VPN like Hotspot Shield or another, they will do that, I had a fast food spot where it did that too! If so,go to the VPN website for advice.

mln700

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: My current location won't update correctly. Please help!

seems like it has fixed itself after 2 days. Not sure if anything I posted was part of the solution but I doubt it. If anyone else runs into this problem give it a few days to see if it works out before you factory reset your phone.