Can anyone help me with some questions after I rooted my ATT NOTE 3 SM-N900A?

clamchowder87

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Novice questions after rooting ATT NOTE 3 SM-N900A

Hey guys,
I have some novice questions regarding the Note 3. I have the ATT Note 3 and I rooted it last night using towelroot. I installed safestrap 3.75, superuser, Titanium Backup, greenify. I went into safestrap and tried to backup the stock rom, but it failed. Is Safestrap 3.75 compatible with ATT Note 3? Can safestrap be uninstalled so I can install a lower version of safestrap?

As for apps, can I d/l the premium version for free? For example, Titanium Backup Premium costs $5.99. I can't freeze apps using the freebee version.

TIA.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Novice questions after rooting ATT NOTE 3 SM-N900A

If you're running Android 4.3, run Safestrap 3,72. If you're running Android 4.4.2, run Safestrap 3.75. (I ran 3.72 on 4.3, and I'm now running 3.75 on 4.4.2, with no problem. About the only reason I can see for the backup failing is that you didn't have enough free space (a backup can use almost 5GB even though the slot is probably 4GB).

Try uninstalling Safestrap, restart, reinstall Safestrap, restart into Safestrap and back up to where you know you have a lot of space. If you select Boot Options, then the stock ROM, you should see the sizes of the partitions. Add them up and you need at least that much free space where you're doing the backup. (To an external card, I hope.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz