Why won't my Galaxy S3 turn on?

Zoe Calloway

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Why won't my Galaxy S3 cut on?

So I just received my GS3, it will NOT cut on. I've tried anything to possibly work by reading different threads on this website, when I try to cut the phone on, it vibrates but the screen doesn't cut on, I have only dropped it twice, but I had a case on (Otter Box). When I charge it, the light comes on to show it charging, but when I cut it on then it will not vibrate. I desperately need help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why won't my Galaxy S3 cut on?

Welcome to Android Central! Does the screen light up at all when you power it on? Or does it remain completely black?

The two main possibilities are (1) your battery has failed and doesn't have enough power to turn on your phone, or (2) your screen has failed. The first thing to try is a new or different battery.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why won't my Galaxy S3 cut on?

"Failed", in this case, could mean "broke". If you drop a phone just right (wrong?), even with a case, you could break something inside. (A falling phone stopping in zero time is subjected to thousands of Gs of force, even if it's dropped only a couple of feet - dividing by zero [it's actually dividing by 10[SUP]-39[/SUP] seconds] results in a huge number. Normally what you drop it on, even concrete, is flexible enough that it stops in a lot longer time [like 10[SUP]-10[/SUP] seconds], but the shock is still huge.)

If you just got the phone, and it's new, it may still be covered under warranty. Try bringing it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34