Why isn't my Samsung S4 no longer charging after constant on/off vibration?

John Alley

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Samsung S4 no longer charging after constant on/off vibration

Good Morning,

Over the weekend my battery ran out of juice on the Samsung Galaxy S4, so I plugged it in. It would vibrate when I plugged it in, show the battery symbol on the phone and then nothing. It then cycled through that same process several times. I unplugged the phone for a couple minutes and tried plugging it back in to charge and same thing. When I got home, I tried plugging it into a wall outlet, USB on computer and no such luck. Switched wires and still no luck. Went to work and borrowed someone's battery. The phone turned on without difficulty. When I plug it into the USB on the computer it shows up as a media device but will not charge. I am suspecting that it is a driver/software issue but am not 100%. What are my next steps?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung S4 no longer charging after constant on/off vibration

Welcome to the forums. You can test if it is a driver issue. Samsung has downloadable drivers on their website. Download, install, and see if that changes anything.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung S4 no longer charging after constant on/off vibration

Charging is a physical connection, it doesn't use a driver. If it charges with a different battery I suspect it's a bad battery. Since it shows as a media device, if the files are reachable the driver is okay, if not the driver probably needs reinstallation.