hello, i am having a problem with my nikkon s800c android camera i have used my pattern unlock way to many times and now i have to use my google account to unlock it but i can not get my wifi on because the camera is locked. i do not have a users manual and can not figure out how to factory reset my camera. can anyone help me?
    10-20-2014 09:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried contacting Nikon support?
    10-20-2014 10:42 AM
    yes i did and this is the page they told me to go to... i can not figure out how to fix it and i really need help
    10-20-2014 11:20 AM
    Well, that's flattering, I suppose. But it seems odd to me that Nikon support wouldn't be able to tell you how to do a hard reset for that device. They should know better than a community forum, considering it's a Nikon product, and they are Nikon tech support.

Try calling 800-NIKON-US, and ask the support tech directly how to hard reset the device. If they don't know, ask for a supervisor. If Nikon support doesn't know how to hard reset the device, it may be difficult to find someone in the community who knows.
    10-20-2014 11:45 AM
    I can't find a specific procedure on how to. I did find a YouTube video, but the link isn't posting correctly. I am curious if ADB commands would work in a situation like this.

Sent from an AOSP M8
    10-20-2014 12:04 PM
    I can't find a specific procedure on how to. I did find a YouTube video, but the link isn't posting correctly. I am curious if ADB commands would work in a situation like this.
    If USB debugging is enabled.

Celsey, don't ask them how to reset the camera, ask them how to get into recovery mode. (There's a factory reset item in there.) "Recovery mode" may be more familiar to them that any way to reset other than using the factory reset on the main menu - which you can't get to.
    10-20-2014 03:18 PM