I really like the game Dungeon Hunter 4, however, it does not support multiple devices. So the character I create on my phone is only accessible on my phone and the character on my tablet is only accessible on my tablet.

What I want is an ability to play DH4 on my phone then sync that information to my tablet and continue playing the same character. So all ingames purchases, all progression will be shared between my phone (when I play at work) and my tablet (when I play at home).

I was looking at Helium but I am not sure if that will do what I want it to do. If there is a services that is not free, that is not a problem, I have no issue paying to get what I want.

[rant]
    I am finding it VERY frustrating these companies are creating these games and expecting people to spend money on it but then once you upgrade your phone/break your phone you lose EVERYTHING. Am I am not just talking about progression, but any money you spend in the app is lost and it is totally unacceptable! Google needs to make it that if you sell anything, in game, you must be able to share that information on all devices!
    [/rant}
    10-20-2014 05:21 PM
    Helium might (I've never tried backing up on one device and restoring on another). But that would be the only problem - an app that backs up data, but only restores it to the device it backed it up from.

You could also email the developer, asking if he could add a character backup and restore, so that you could have the same characters on both devices. (Although buying an app usually gives you the right to run it on only a single device. Whether you can buy it once and use it on two devices - even if not at the same time - is up to the copyright owner.)
    10-20-2014 11:36 PM
    You could also email the developer, asking if he could add a character backup and restore, so that you could have the same characters on both devices. (Although buying an app usually gives you the right to run it on only a single device. Whether you can buy it once and use it on two devices - even if not at the same time - is up to the copyright owner.)
    That's actually not true with the Play Store. Purchases are saved to your Google account, and every purchased app I have or in-app purchase I have made works fine between my phone and my tablet and has worked fine across multiple phones I have gone through. And so it's not just anecdotal evidence, Google itself says that you can install purchased apps on a new device:

https://support.google.com/googlepla...r/113410?hl=en

Anyway, Helium should do what you want and has no problem restoring to new devices. Since all purchase rights are handled through your Google Account just make sure that you're using the same Google Account on both devices. The only problem could be that Helium requires that the application developer allow backups. Some apps specifically disallow it. In that case, you would need to root the devices and use Titanium Backup.
    10-22-2014 12:18 PM
    That's actually not true with the Play Store.
    It's not up to the Play Store, it's up to the copyright owner, usually the developer in the case of Android apps. Read 17 USC 106(6) The law is extremely clear on who gets to decide how, and on what, you can use their intellectual property. And it's not Google unless they wrote it or bought the rights to it.

And so it's not just anecdotal evidence, Google itself says that you can install purchased apps on a new device:
    1) They can say anything - that doesn't give them the right to change the law.

2) You can install a program on any one computer unless the copyright owner says otherwise. So, yes, you can delete it from your old phone and install it on your new phone. Unless you have it in writing (or bits) from the copyright owner, you can't install it on your new phone and sell your old phone with the app still on it.

(It's been up to the federal level in the courts - they've all held that making anything but archival copies [backups] is a copyright violation. So is using the backup to restore to more than one computer - unless the license issued by the copyright owner allows installation on more than one. Why do you think that the government shut down so many file sharing sites?)
    10-22-2014 02:55 PM
    It's not up to the Play Store, it's up to the copyright owner, usually the developer in the case of Android apps. Read 17 USC 106(6) The law is extremely clear on who gets to decide how, and on what, you can use their intellectual property. And it's not Google unless they wrote it or bought the rights to it.

1) They can say anything - that doesn't give them the right to change the law.

2) You can install a program on any one computer unless the copyright owner says otherwise. So, yes, you can delete it from your old phone and install it on your new phone. Unless you have it in writing (or bits) from the copyright owner, you can't install it on your new phone and sell your old phone with the app still on it.

(It's been up to the federal level in the courts - they've all held that making anything but archival copies [backups] is a copyright violation. So is using the backup to restore to more than one computer - unless the license issued by the copyright owner allows installation on more than one. Why do you think that the government shut down so many file sharing sites?)
    Everything you posted is true, but it is only true if the developer is selling the application directly to you. Which is not the case here, since the developers are selling the application through the Play Store and thus have to agree to Google's Developer Distribution agreement.

Edit: Also, none of that has anything to do with the OP's question or the functionality provided by Helium. Helium backs up and restores the applications data, not the application itself. And it does so using a method built-in to Android that requires a developer to define the data that would be backed up.
    10-27-2014 01:37 PM