My wife's note 2 SCH-I605 (Verizon) wanted to turn the side to side motion feature on, I allowed the feature then her screen dimmed then went off, When I pushed the power button to turn screen back on nothing? It had been getting hot near the motion sensor so I replaced with a new one(before the shut off happened) everything was going fine, But it shutoff like I said earlier and won't come back on. I can't enter any mode as it wont come on its unresponsive. I have just purchased two OEM batteries and still nothing, Have a OEM charger new still nothing? When I hook it up to the Computer or charger nothing no battery icon or LCD light? The SKU is SCHI605ZWV if that helps. All I want is someone to point me in the right direction whether its a motherboard replacement or what ever? Can I ask would a bad power button stop it from charging or showing the battery icon when charging? Can a bad USB charging port stop it from turning on? Need a list of possible things that would stop all functions from working and not turning on? Its not rooted have the official 4.4.2 update from Verizon.
    10-20-2014 08:18 PM
    I can't enter any mode as it wont come on its unresponsive.
    That's called a hard brick. The phone does the same thing whether the battery is in it or not.

All I want is someone to point me in the right direction whether its a motherboard replacement or what ever?
    The second one. IOW, without having the phone on the bench and testing it, the best I could do is make a wild guess. What you need to fix a hard brick is a JTAG box. You're better off either paying Verizon to fix it, or finding a JTAG service on eBay.

Can I ask would a bad power button stop it from charging or showing the battery icon when charging?
    You can ask - it won't.

Can a bad USB charging port stop it from turning on?
    No.

Need a list of possible things that would stop all functions from working and not turning on?
    Bad motherboard, bad internal power connection, it's turning on but the screen is dark (which means a bad screen). About the only thing I wouldn't suspect is the frame. But, as I said, it has to be put on the bench and diagnosed.
    10-20-2014 10:59 PM