Why is my Phone automatically altering conversation contacts?

Sladjana Dinic

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Phone automatically alters conversation contact

I have an old model Samsung GT-S5360 and my phone starting acting strange with SMS messages. The phone starts new conversations on his own by adding random number to the contact of the conversation, making the old conversation impossible to use. When this happens i can't text back because contact is edited, by I can still receive the messages in the same conversation. Only way to text back is to start a new conversation. Is there any help to this or do I have to reset to original settings the whole phone?

Sladjana Dinic

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Phone automatically alters conversation contact

Hello Golfdriver97!!!
Thanks for your quick reply! I use no app for messaging other than the one that is pre-installed by default on the phone.
I'm using Clean Master for clearing cash. It still happens =/

Thanks for trying to help me! <3

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone automatically alters conversation contact

Settings/General/Application manager. Find the text app and press the Clear cache button. Then Settings/General/Storage/Cached data to clear the system cache.

BTW, if you read the Clean Master page at the Play Store, you'll see the line "free up memory (RAM)". That wastes memory and battery. RAM, in Android, should be as full as possible. Free RAM is wasted RAM. (It also wastes battery, when Android reloads the data you "freed" from RAM.) People who write apps that "free RAM" are thinking Windows, not Android. Hammering a nail into a board is a good thing, hammering one into a tire isn't such a good thing. Freeing RAM in Android is hammering a nail into a tire. Multitasking the Android Way is a good explanation of the matter by an Android software engineer (it's in English, not "engineeringese").

(It's one of the reasons I don't write Android apps. I've been writing Java code since Java came out (and writing code for many years before that) - but I'm not all that familiar with the Android architecture yet - it takes months of constant study, at least - and I'm not about to put my name to an app that only kinda-sorta works. There are already too many of those.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey