This is going to sound really stupid. I've tried fixing this issue, and it just comes back over time, so I've given up and lived with it. I'm ready to get it under control.

My contacts are out of control. I have multiple lines of contacts for the same person and I didn't put them there.

An example

I mean, for some reason waze added 5 different contacts for my mom. Waze? Come on. I've only opened that app a few times.

I've tried keeping everything in Google. I haven't looked in the settings for waze yet but I will. Waze isn't the point though. We'll, it sorta is. I need to fix the Waze, but this was an annoying problem before I put that cartoon they call gps on my phone

Why does my phone put so many contacts on itself and how do I make it stop? This is ridiculous and a little out of control.
    I mean, really?

10-21-2014 07:40 AM
    I don't recall seeing you around: Welcome to the forums. Some of the contacts seem like Google was stuck in a sync loop. Have you looked at those to see if you can either merge them, or even delete them? As for Waze...I have no idea why they need to access your contacts.
    10-21-2014 09:25 AM
    If your contacts are only within Google - simply select to display only Google contacts (works on my Note 3).

If you have contacts not within Google:
    1. Export contacts to storage. on my note 3, it stores it as a vcf file.
    2. Go to the Google website and import the vcf file to google .might need to be done on desktop
    3. merge contacts within google. might need to be done on desktop
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/165334?hl=en
    4. on my note 3, i can select so that only my google contacts are shown.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-21-2014 09:53 AM