In the past I used Sony ericsson C901 and Nokia 808. The camera quality was very good. Now I'm looking for an android phone with same camera quality. Which one should I choose?
    Thank you!
    10-21-2014 04:22 PM
    There's no Android phone that can match the Nokia. However ...

To get the same resolution, as far as the eye is concerned, on a digital camera as you get on film, you'd need a camera with more than 1GP (gigapixel) resolution. Of course, the lens on a phone could never resolve that much detail. A camera with 12MP or more will give you about as good a picture as you're going to get, unless you're Abby Sciuto and want to read the license plate on a car 5 miles from where the picture was taken. (Posting a picture to the web results in about 90dpi resolution, so an 8MP camera is recording details you won't see on the web site.) Unless you plan on printing the picture larger than 8X10, or viewing the print with a magnifying glass, 12MP is more than you'll ever need. A 42MP camera is like a car that can do 300mph - it's great, but not practically different than lesser ones.)

The criteria you should be looking at are the lens (IOW, look at things through the camera app with the phone in your hands - especially things with detail, like a postage stamp torn from a roll - look for the tiny fibers on the torn perforations in macro mode - that's pushing the lens) and the app running the camera. The standard Camera app that comes with Android is good for snapshots, but even Camera FV-5 (a free app) gives you a lot better control over the picture.
    10-21-2014 04:44 PM