Why wont my new android battery work?

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys!
Recently I bought a new battery for my samsung galaxy s duos 2. The battery came with zero charge and my mobile won't switch on. So I plugged in the charger and left it hoping it would work soon. It's been charging for 14-15 hours but it won't work. It doesn't even shows the charging sign and my mobile won't switch on!
I checked the charger by charging my old battery and the old battery charges fine. What wrong with this battery? Do I need to replace it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it really has zero charge (not 1% or some other very low charge), the battery inside the case is no longer connected to the terminals on the case. It's a safety precaution built into lithium batteries, because charging a fully discharged lithium battery could result in a fire or explosion.

After 14 hours, the battery should have been fully charged a long time ago. Contact whomever you bought it from and ask for a replacement. (Or a refund, if you can get one - I wouldn't deal with a company that sends out batteries like that.)

A Samsung battery for the S Duos shouldn't be too expensive ($10-$15), or you could contact Anker (Contact Us-Anker) and see if they make one for the S Duos. They're cheap but make very good batteries.