What's the best replacement for my beloved Nexus 5?

Mustafa Sarama

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello, all!

I've had quite a few phones... and my favorite out of all of them has been the Nexus 5.

When the Moto X 2014 came out, and rumors of the Nexus 6's size swirled around, I decided to go with the Moto X 2014. I like it. Buuut, I don't love it.

1) It's rather large, not functionally large, just annoyingly large. I can use it one handed and can reach the top/notification bar easily (maybe I have big hands, who knows).

2) No development (I came from a Nexus... so this was a shock for me)

3) Mediocre battery life. It's okay, and it'll get me through the day... but I'd like something a little more.

Well, I've been doing some soul searching and decided to try out the Xperia Z3 Compact. It's on its way (hurry up, USPS). Battery life and size will be greatly improved. It doesn't necessarily have any development, either.... but I might be able to get by with XPosed Modules. I just am afraid I'll miss my Moto X's screen (clarity and brightness, not necessarily size)... hell, I think my N5 might have had a better screen, even.

Then, I did the most dastardly deed of all. After I bought the XPeria Z3C, I saw an iPhone 6 for a good price and scooped it up, as well. That one arrives a day after the Z3C. I'll give the two phones a good trial... but I don't think I'll end up keeping either one (preliminary thoughts, this can very well change once I have the devices).

Today, I was looking at the Nexus 6 a little more... and damn it, if I don't want that whale of a phone (hah. subtle pun). It's going to be too big and more than I paid for any of the other three devices... but damn it if it isn't tempting.

So... any opinions? Is there a better replacement for my N5 than the Moto X? Should I just suck it up and get the N6?

This was long. Thanks for reading :)

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello, all!

I've had quite a few phones... and my favorite out of all of them has been the Nexus 5.

When the Moto X 2014 came out, and rumors of the Nexus 6's size swirled around, I decided to go with the Moto X 2014. I like it. Buuut, I don't love it.

1) It's rather large, not functionally large, just annoyingly large. I can use it one handed and can reach the top/notification bar easily (maybe I have big hands, who knows).

2) No development (I came from a Nexus... so this was a shock for me)

3) Mediocre battery life. It's okay, and it'll get me through the day... but I'd like something a little more.

Well, I've been doing some soul searching and decided to try out the Xperia Z3 Compact. It's on its way (hurry up, USPS). Battery life and size will be greatly improved. It doesn't necessarily have any development, either.... but I might be able to get by with XPosed Modules. I just am afraid I'll miss my Moto X's screen (clarity and brightness, not necessarily size)... hell, I think my N5 might have had a better screen, even.

Then, I did the most dastardly deed of all. After I bought the XPeria Z3C, I saw an iPhone 6 for a good price and scooped it up, as well. That one arrives a day after the Z3C. I'll give the two phones a good trial... but I don't think I'll end up keeping either one (preliminary thoughts, this can very well change once I have the devices).

Today, I was looking at the Nexus 6 a little more... and damn it, if I don't want that whale of a phone (hah. subtle pun). It's going to be too big and more than I paid for any of the other three devices... but damn it if it isn't tempting.

So... any opinions? Is there a better replacement for my N5 than the Moto X? Should I just suck it up and get the N6?

This was long. Thanks for reading :)

Personally I think the Z3/Z3C are great and think you will be happy with one of those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay