How to enable Google Play in App Ops?

johnyjj2

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have played a little with App Ops application and now I just wonder what could be the reason that I cannot find any application in Google Play. I mean, I have internet access with WiFi. Google Play is enabled in NoRoot Firewall. I type something in search box in Google Play to find application and it does not show me anything.

I just thought that maybe I have disabled something that is required by Google Play with App Ops Starter but I cannot see any corresponding privileges in Google Play that may be connected with this.

What privileges are required by Google Play (or connected applications running on Android and used by Google Play) to be able to look for software based on string with search text?

Regards!

PS OK, never mind, I have restarted the smart phone and it works again. I just wonder what might have caused this problem.

johnyjj2

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
App Ops was one of my favorite things about Jellybean. Kit Kat does away with it altogether. I'm wondering if Lollipop will have it.

Yeah, I also like this app. Currently I have Android 4.4.4 and HTC Sense 6.0.

My goal is to ensure that my smartphone does not infringe my privacy and also ensures my digital safety. But it looks like hardening Android is very difficult. I consider installing CyanogenMod instead of HTC Sense.

It's good I can disable unnecessary and suspicious privileges in the apps. But it's not enough. In my HTC I have so many preinstalled apps that I feel completely lost when I see how many mysterious apps work on my phone (just by looking how many apps I can see in App Ops and noticing that their names do not explain anything, especially when it comes to some Google and HTC preinstalled apps). I just wonder if in Cyanogen there are less PUPs.

I also use NoRoot Firewall and I like it but unfortunately I still cannot inspect what applications do (I mean, if they need access to disc memory, which locations they access) and what they send (by inspecting content of packages). Do you know any application that can help with that? I would also love to see app that can help me to see whenever any application wants to send SMS (e.g premium) or delete SMS (that would be undesired and suspicious).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
(I mean, if they need access to disc memory, which locations they access) and what they send (by inspecting content of packages). Do you know any application that can help with that? I would also love to see app that can help me to see whenever any application wants to send SMS (e.g premium) or delete SMS (that would be undesired and suspicious).
Not for what apps are storing (you'd have to write an app to do that which would hook into the underlying storage handler - probably in the Linux kernel), but for what packets are going out and coming in, Shark for Root is the Android equivalent of Wireshark, the industry standard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers