On my Motorola Droid Ultra, why are apps closing after I open them?

Moses1703

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Motorola Droid Ultra. Apps close after open

Running Kit Kat 4.4.4 . No new apps installed. Started yesterday. Seems to affect all apps including "Settings." Closure time different for each app, from few seconds to three minutes. Ran virus check, found nothing. Doesn't seem to matter if phone moving or setting still. Help please, thank you very very much.

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue on my Droid Razr also. I don't get an error or any messages. I tap on an app that I want to open, the app opens for a second and immediately closes and goes to the phone's home screen. No errors or any other pop-ups. This affects all apps and not just downloaded apps... I've had it happen with settings, texting, people, FB, email...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue on my Droid Razr also. I don't get an error or any messages. I tap on an app that I want to open, the app opens for a second and immediately closes and goes to the phone's home screen. No errors or any other pop-ups. This affects all apps and not just downloaded apps... I've had it happen with settings, texting, people, FB, email...

Does a reboot help?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If clearing system cache (from restarting in recovery mode, since you probably won't have the time to do it from Settings) and then restarting (rebooting) normally doesn't help, has there been an over the air update? If so, bring the phone to the carrier for assistance - they'd be responsible for an OTA update causing a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance