I am looking to buy (no contract) a new android phone. Particularly one that will run an unaltered android 5.0 lollipop very soon. I am avoiding the Nexus 6 because its a laptop, and I need a phone.

I narrowed it down to the Nexus 5, Moto X, and HTC M8 One Google Play Edition (though, admittedly, this one is very expensive...). BUT! Now I need help choosing as I can't seem to settle on any of them.

Any suggestions?

I use my phone for calling, texting, music, video, internet, and camera more than anything. Don't really game much on phones.
    10-22-2014 09:20 AM
    I have the Nexus 5 and 2013 Moto X. Both are very good phones. If I had to pick, I would probably say the Moto.
    10-22-2014 09:53 AM
    I have some good news - all three of those devices do exactly what you are looking for . To be honest, this is going to be more of a preference and price issue since each device essentially offers the same thing, but in varying ways. If picture quality is your priority then the M8, Nexus 5, and Moto X in that order. If price, then possibly the Nexus 5, Moto X, and M8. This is of course assuming that you are referring to the Moto X 2013.

My suggestion is to try stopping by the local retail store and use the three devices. See which form factor you prefer, and if the camera is acceptable to you. Don't worry about not finding the M8 gpe, since the Sense version will be essentially the same except for software.

Let us know what you decide on going with.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-22-2014 09:54 AM