HTC DNA Won't Turn On, any other suggestions?

kbing

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
So it's been 4-5 days now. No water damage, no visible damage, has been in an OtterBox since day 1. Won't turn on, will vibrate normally, will sometimes bring up the HTC welcome screen but always goes back to black.

Plugging into computer: will always charge, LED and charging screen as normal. Will let me charge to 100% without issue. Won't turn on from here, but will allow me to bring up the reset screen with power+down. Computer recognizes that Android is attached but won't allow me to access anything.

Plugging into wall: will sometimes charge, will eventually bring up charge screen (sometimes after 3-4 hours) but is always a very slow charge. Will not reboot after selecting an option on reset options. Induction charger will only bring up flashing battery symbol every 10 seconds or so. After trying to reboot the phone will continue to cycle through the battery screen and the htc welcome every 15-20 seconds while on the induction charger.

I removed all internal components, left the two motherboards, speaker assembly and battery separate overnight. Absolutely zero change in behavior.

I've given up on the phone actually powering on again, but would love any input on accessing the internal storage. There has to be something I can do if I can bring up bootloader and the computer recognizes the phone. I keep getting "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems" - so, any ideas on disabling this feature or just getting into the internal?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No water damage, no visible damage, but has it ever been dropped? Even in an Otter Box, dropping it in just the wrong way could break something on the motherboard or daughterboard. It won't be visible, but it will stop the phone from working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781