Is the Note 4 a 4G Ready Handset?

jackjoe1234

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
"4G Ready Handset"

For the last two years I've been on a contract for a Samsung Note 2 (N7100), and was told it's 4G ready. However, I had never felt the need for 4G because of the area I was in. I had even had multiple phone calls from my provider asking me to upgrade to 4G for a little extra on my contract.

I have recently upgraded my contract to a Note 4, but due to being sold out, I currently don't have the handset but have had a contract upgrade. After searching around, I have seen many threads with confusion about whether the N7100 is 4G ready or not. Apparently it's only the N7105.

Could someone help me clarify that there is no way I could use 4G until I get my Note 4 handset? Although I'm almost 2 years late, if that is the case then I was lied to all this time without knowing and they tried charging me extra for a service I couldn't use.

jackjoe1234

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: "4G Ready Handset"

Ouch, thanks. Well I remember at the time they were only just starting to roll out on providers. I was given an offer to switch networks for a 4G handset, but I wasn't too interested in it at the given time I guess. Also need to call my provider as they were charging for a service they couldn't provide.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Do you really download that much data that you need 4G speeds? ('m not saying to pay for it if you can't get it.) Email, and web browsing don't really need a lot of speed. We were doing email when 2400bps dial-up was super-new, and I was probably still about at that speed when I started using the web.

If you want to download or stream large files when you're out and about like videos it makes a difference. But if you're near a wifi signal you can use, you won't even be using 3G or 4G (unless you have really unlimited data). A few movies can eat 10GB like that.

jackjoe1234

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

Now that you mention it, I probably won't. I've hardly ever gotten 3G on my phone. I watch loads of streams on my phone, never movies, and I usually do those at home except the odd time where my internet is down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user