I've just got myself a new phone, the Samsung GALAXY core LTE a few weeks ago and now I'm wanting to root it so I can customize it even more than it already is and while it runs android 4.4.2 and it's an awesome phone, Kingo Root doesn't seem to be able to connect with it.

The model number is SM-G386W

Any suggestions?
    10-23-2014 06:17 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Try this: How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Core (I8262) | TheUnlockr
    10-23-2014 09:59 PM
    I've just tried running Framaroot 1.9.3 and it failed, only Aragorn was showing. I also tried Framaroot 1.5.3 and it didn't do anything elther.

EDIT: I've tried with an SD card and it also failed.
    10-23-2014 10:49 PM
    Towel Root should root just about any phone running 4.4.2. Just install it like any other app and run it.
    10-24-2014 05:03 PM
    I just tried towelroot and it told me "this phone isn't currently supported" so does it mean I have to wait a while before I can root my phone then? Like a few months or weeks?
    10-25-2014 05:34 PM
    Probably not. It means that you'll have to find another program that will root it. Chainfire's Auto Root lists it as one of the phones it will root. Scroll down about half way or search for SM-G386T on the page. The download link is to the right on that line.
    10-25-2014 10:04 PM
    Still doesn't work... it says "Bad Zip File", I tried unzipping it to my desktop and move it in to my phone with not much luck....
    10-25-2014 10:38 PM
    Flash it with Odin maybe? That's how I rooted my note 3 on lollipop
    04-18-2015 09:01 PM
    Actually I just made it!

Phone model: Samsung Galaxy Core LTE SM-386W (Bell, Telus, Virgin, PC Mobility...)

Just:
    1. Download this (and extract full archive in a folder): CF-AUTO-ROOT https: download.chainfire.eu/480/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-afyonltetmo-afyonltetmo-smg386t.zip (will open a new page, real link is on the bottom of the page, and please support them!)
    (Also, this package comes bundled with Odin pre-configured settings for this phone so you can't go wrong)
    2. Enable USB Debugging Mode (Standard Android procedure)
    3. Restart in download mode: (Power off the phone, then Vol down+Home+Power ...)
    4. Run Odin you extracted earlier from package (DO NOT try another version, use this version included in the downloaded file!)
    5. Click "PDA"
    6. Browse for: CF-Auto-Root-afyonltetmo-afyonltetmo-smg386t.tar.md5 and hit OK
    7. Make sure no errors happened and hit Start!
    8. Device will auto reboot a couple of times be patient it does take some time...
    9. Once root is applied, Root checker and SuperSU are automatically installed.
    10. Enjoy!

Note the CF-AUTO-ROOT file was for a SM-G386T but works flawlessly on a SM-G386W
    11-03-2015 04:41 AM
    it doesnt work with gamekiller tho....
    althought it says it's succesfully rooted...
    03-23-2016 03:16 PM
    Actually I just made it!

Phone model: Samsung Galaxy Core LTE SM-386W (Bell, Telus, Virgin, PC Mobility...)

Just:
    1. Download this (and extract full archive in a folder): CF-AUTO-ROOT https: download.chainfire.eu/480/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-afyonltetmo-afyonltetmo-smg386t.zip (will open a new page, real link is on the bottom of the page, and please support them!)
    (Also, this package comes bundled with Odin pre-configured settings for this phone so you can't go wrong)
    2. Enable USB Debugging Mode (Standard Android procedure)
    3. Restart in download mode: (Power off the phone, then Vol down+Home+Power ...)
    4. Run Odin you extracted earlier from package (DO NOT try another version, use this version included in the downloaded file!)
    5. Click "PDA"
    6. Browse for: CF-Auto-Root-afyonltetmo-afyonltetmo-smg386t.tar.md5 and hit OK
    7. Make sure no errors happened and hit Start!
    8. Device will auto reboot a couple of times be patient it does take some time...
    9. Once root is applied, Root checker and SuperSU are automatically installed.
    10. Enjoy!

Note the CF-AUTO-ROOT file was for a SM-G386T but works flawlessly on a SM-G386W
    Saved me a lot of trouble with your write up to get my Core Lte working again. It failed to load a recovery program I tried using. Then wouldn't boot into recovery. Now it's all back to where I was b4. I'm rooted and I would like to install a recovery tool that I'm able to make backups for my device, using Odin to flash it. Anyone suggest a link to get me going in the right path. I was able to accomplish this on my S5 but I'm having some serious trouble getting a recovery program to work properly. On the Core lte sm-G386W any help would be greatly appreciated. I knowtlove this is an old thread but has been a very helpful one so thought I'd try and bump some life into it.
    01-15-2017 06:49 PM