How can I avoid auto call record files adding to playlist?

Babasaheb Jagtap

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
How can I avoid auto call record files adding to playlist?

I am using i ball Andi 5k sparkle since 6 month, this phone is with Android 4.4 jelybean. When I go to music player and tap on recently added then files of auto call record are appears there automatically.
How can I stop this?

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
This is a common problem with apps that fail to put a .nomedia file in the directory where they save their audio files, so that they do not populate your music player's playlists etc. Sometimes contacting the app's developer and requesting they add the feature into the next build of their app helps, but not always.

Here's a helpful guide that can walk you through a workaround...
Hide Certain Files in Android Music Player (or Photo Gallery)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And, until the developer does it, you can add the file yourself. Find the folder your auto call files are in and create a file named .nomedia (nothing to the left og the dot). Save it in that folder. If the files still show up, restart the phone (a normal restart), and they should stop showing up.

(Denver's link is to a pretty old article. First, when you look at Media Storage in Application manager, there's a Clear cache button. Don't clear the data, clear the cache.

Second, you'll be mounting the phone as MTP, not as Mass Storage (that's Gingerbread technology).

Third, if you have an app that can create text files on the phone, use that (you don't have to put anything in the file - as long as there's a file named .nomedia in a folder, Media Scanner won't scan that folder (or any folders in it), so it won't find those files). If it names the file .nomedia.txt, or if it insists that you name the file (name it x.nomedia) - then use My Files to find the file, long-press it (it'll get a green check) press the menu key and Rename the file to .nomedia.

Vipin Neupane

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
please follow below instructions to avoid playing "acr recorded calls in play music".
Go to ACR settings, click on General, then deactivate "Library".
IMPORTANT: Now restart your phone and ACR calls won't show anymore in play music. Remember restarting phone is mandatory.
Usually this works with most of the apps. I have already tried this with 2apps, "ACR CALLS" & "Voice Recorder".
Thanks & Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair