Why am I not able to send or recieve mms messages on unlocked Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro?

Ramla13

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Not able to send or recieve mms messages on unlocked samsung galaxy rugby pro

So I recently bought an unlocked samsung galaxy rugby pro. I have att as a provider and everything so far has worked fine, except mms messages. I can't really seem to send them with the default text app, and i definitely am not able to receive them I get a message telling me to download it, and after hitting the download button, it just has a loading bar and then doesn't do anything.

I've tried using chomp text app, but had issues with some friends not able to get my regular messages, and then when receiving mms messages I get the message unable to download, and then to check my apn settings.

I also decided to try textra, and for this app I am able to send texts no problem, but get no notification at all for mms messages.

Any solutions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not able to send or recieve mms messages on unlocked samsung galaxy rugby pro

You have to set up the MMS portion of the APN with the data of the carrier you're using - AT&T in this case. Take it to the nearest AT&T Device Support Center and ask if they can do it for you if you don't understand what I said. (It's not somethig I can give you step by step instructions for unless I have that phone and know what the proper settings are for your account.)

It's possible that an associate in your local store may also be able to do it for you - but most of them are just there to sell phones, they don't know much about them except how to use them.