Hi all

I am a proud owner of a good old Samsung Galaxy S2 :-)

It still works very well for me so I thought - why bother to buy a new expensive phone :-)

I live in Europe and have a girlfriend living in the Philippines.

As it is quite expensive to use my own mobile operator to send SMS-messages to the Philippines (I send 4-5 long messages each day) - until now I have used Voxofon.

However in recent time we have had problems receiving each others SMS-messages.

It started basically when my girlfriends phone came back from repair. I dont know if that is a part of my problem.

But recently I have NOT been able to receive SMS-messages from my girlfriend.
    My girlfriend does not have a permanent data-connection - she normally buys a load in a seven-eleven.

When she is sending me SMS-messages she gets no error messages and the SMS is deducted from her load that she bought. But I NEVER recieve her messages anymore.

I dont know for sure but I have a suspicion that the problem could be Voxofon. We earlier had problems sending SMS-messages (that was long ago), after my girlfriend uninstalled Voxofon on her mobile phone. I had a long talk with the Voxofon-support and only after installing - uninstalling and reinstalling Voxofon we made it work again. But that was a long time ago.

I know the problem with the missing SMS-messages can be due to a lot of other problems but like I said I have a suspicion that Voxofon could be the problem.

Therefore my question:
    Are there any alternatives to companies like Voxofon? I would prefer a solution like Voxofon where I can install an app on my phone as well as send SMS etc. via a website.

Do you know about other providers like Voxofon - who offer comparable services, meaning cheap and reliable SMS-services etc.?

Thank you in advance for your comments!
    10-25-2014 11:39 AM
    You could try the same thing - uninstalling, and reinstalling the latest version from the Play Store.

Otherwise, go to the play store, search free text and you'll see a load of free texting apps like https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ingtone.app.im https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...plus.moplusapp https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...inger.textfree and others.

(If she's using an iPhone, "texting" isn't SMS, it's iMessage, which is an entirely different thing. She'd have to send you one message marked to send as SMS to let the iMessage app know that any texts to your number should be sent as SMS.)
    10-25-2014 02:54 PM