Portion of digitizer no longer responding?

TChristovich

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello all - first post here. I've just recently attempted to replace the shattered glass of my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 only to find that after successfully replacing the glass, only the top 1/3 of the screen is responsive to touch. Prior to replacing the glass, the entire screen was responsive (albeit the glass cracked).

I've completely disassembled the phone twice and reseated the connection between the motherboard and the digitizer/LCD assembly multiple times. What's going on?

As another means of troubleshooting, I used a USB-OTG cable and attached a mouse to device - and it is working fine.

I can provide any other information as needed!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you replace the glass only? Or the digitizer as well? It sounds like there could be damage to the digitizer, which would explain the non-working 1/3 of the screen.

If you changed the digitizer, then contact the seller if you feel it's defective. Otherwise, you may need to replace it's if all connections seem to be in working order.

TChristovich

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I replaced only the glass - the digitizer was not replaced as it was functional until I replaced the glass. The connection between the digitizer and the motherboard is on the back of the phone, which is never touched when replacing the glass - which leads me to believe the connection between the digitizer and the phone has been damaged.

TChristovich

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I replaced only the glass - the digitizer was not replaced as it was functional until I replaced the glass. The connection between the digitizer and the motherboard is on the back of the phone, which is never touched when replacing the glass - which leads me to believe the connection between the digitizer and the phone has been damaged.

TChristovich

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
The only adhesive required here is the one that attaches the glass to the LCD/digitizer unit - it's all one piece. What baffles me is that the display and digitizer components are run through the same flex cable -- but only the digitizer is dysfunctional. The display LCD looks and works flawlessly.

I've tried to put pressure on the glass where the digitizer is unresponsive, but I do not believe that the digitizer and LCD glass are two different parts.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams