So I recently got Galaxy Note 4, and I'm using Cricket Wireless in LA. So every time I try activate internet Data through the System Menu and go back, it turns off. After fiddling with GN4 I found out that in order to access internet Data I need to turn on Roaming. When I do that .. will I be charged extra for it ? or will it be Normal ?
    fyi : the GN4 I bought is all the way from Korea [through eBay] and it is unlocked version from "sk Telecom" LTEA. and My Plan with Cricket is Unlimited ..
    10-26-2014 03:57 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I would check with Cricket first. If I had to guess, you will probably be charged for roaming.
    10-26-2014 09:37 AM
    Thanks for the Reply. I will do that. I did found something else. On the lock screen, it shows both clocks, the home clock and the other country you visit. I noticed that the Home country clock "with home icon on it" is Seoul. is that why I can't activate Data without activating roaming ? is it because the Mobile set it's origin as Seoul? and treats the sim card as a foreign one ? if that is the case. how can I change the City origin so I can be able to use Data without activating Data roaming?
    Attached Thumbnails Using Data through Roaming while not Traveling..-screenshot_2014-10-26-13-34-01.jpg   Using Data through Roaming while not Traveling..-screenshot_2014-10-26-13-31-57.jpg   Using Data through Roaming while not Traveling..-screenshot_2014-10-26-13-33-37.jpg  
    10-26-2014 01:42 PM
    As for originally bought from Korea, that might be part of the reason why. Unfortunately, I am not totally sure...I have never bought a phone from overseas before.

Sent from an AOSP M8
    10-26-2014 03:47 PM
    If it was activated in Korea, it may be region-locked to Asia. As Golfdriver said, check with Cricket.
    10-26-2014 10:26 PM
    If it was activated in Korea, it may be region-locked to Asia. As Golfdriver said, check with Cricket.
    The Phone is already Unlocked and I'm able to make calls and receive SMS through it. The only thing that puzzle me is Activating the Data Roaming just to use the Data plan. I Have Contacted Cricket and they always tell me to go to the Dealer to check it out, they weren't much Help. The Sad part is I live in a Place where there is no Cricket store, I ordered the Sim Card online. I have to check for a Cricket Dealer to let them see it. I also went to At&t and they couldn't help telling me to go a Cricket Dealer, even though Cricket is a Subsidiary from At&t. <_<
    10-27-2014 02:47 AM
    And only someone at Cricket has the answer to your question. The problem is who. Having owned a few cellphone stores, I can tell you that most of the people working at a cellphone stores are salespeople, not technicians. If they personally use an iPhone, taking your Android phone to them is a comedy, watching them try to find out how to run a web browser, or check the battery usage.

You could try 800-274-2538 and try to get level 2 tech support, but from what I'm seeing on the web about their customer service, it would be easier to get milk from chickens.
    10-27-2014 01:32 PM
    And only someone at Cricket has the answer to your question. The problem is who.
    I talked to them today and the guy on the phone talked to a Tech personal and he told him that it is okay to activate the roaming to use the data Plan, it will not charge anything on my current plan. (Unless I exceed the Data limit and then I will be charged :P )

I can tell you that most of the people working at a cellphone stores are salespeople, not technicians. If they personally use an iPhone, taking your Android phone to them is a comedy, watching them try to find out how to run a web browser, or check the battery usage.
    lol That is so True. they'd be scratching their Head trying to figure it out xD

anyway Thanks Rukbat for you reply and to every one else here now I can enjoy using my new toy
    10-27-2014 04:12 PM
    Glad you got the answer. Now I know it too, if someone else asks.
    10-27-2014 11:16 PM